Saturday, May 28, 2011

Friends

I've known Betsy and Lindsey since we went to high school together--actually I've known Betsy since we were in the church nursery at the same time. I know that I am extremely privileged to have such true and longstanding friends.
We now each have two kids, a boy and a girl each, and Betsy has one more coming in six weeks. Yeah for new babies!
Yesterday Linds and I, who both live in Nevada City, drove to Foresthill to visit Bets. We took this passel of kids to the park. Here are a few pictures I took on my phone of this second generation of friends playing together. Who would have pictured this back when we were in high school? And how did we become older than eighteen anyway?!
Caroline, age 4
Elizabeth, age 4
Jackson, almost 6
Andrew, age 2
Graham, age 1 1/2
Marilyn, age 3
Lindsey and Betsy, age . . . well, not 18!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

becky said...

So fun to read this post and reflect on some of my own longstanding friends...it gives a crazy perspective to see all of your kids hanging out together:) I like the idea of a second generation of friends.